The Details To Know About Chocolate Poisoning And PEMF Treatment For Dogs

By Robin Setser

One of the many rules of dog ownership is that chocolate is a no-no. By no means should you ever feed your pet this otherwise tasty treat, as it can do anything from interfering with normal bodily functions to proving fatal. These are just a few reasons why pet owners should be mindful of chocolate poisoning and, if it occurs, what should be done about it. Along the way, you may want to know how electromagnetic treatment for dogs can help in this circumstance.

Before understanding the symptoms of chocolate poisoning, it's important to note the different types of chocolate that are commonly available in the household. Some types have higher acidity levels than others, the most acidic being baking chocolate. This is commonly used to make cookies, cakes, and other such treats, the reason being that it's the sweetest. It also possesses the highest toxicity level, but milk and semi-sweet chocolate can be just as harmful if consumed in ample amounts.

When it comes to the symptoms of chocolate poisoning, there are quite a few that can arise. According to companies such as Assisi Animal Health, these run the gamut from vomiting and diarrhea to seizures and even comas. Chocolate poisoning has been known to lead to such symptoms, so it should go without saying that a dog experiencing this illness requires medical attention. Fortunately, your local veterinarian will provide the insight you need.

If your veterinarian determines that your dog is experiencing chocolate poisoning, there are a few possible recommendations that they'll make. Mild situations usually don't require further action, as monitoring at home until the case subsides will suffice. However, it's not uncommon for dogs to be brought to clinics if their conditions worsen. Your vet may also recommend a pain relief method, which is where electromagnetic or PEMF treatment comes into play, so that your pet is more comfortable while they recover.

When it comes to lowering the risk of chocolate poisoning, there are quite a few methods to consider. First, place any and all chocolate on high shelves, in cabinets, or any other areas where your dog cannot reach. Second, train your dog so that they know to not consume chocolate products. The latter method is more time-intensive, as training will require considerable effort, but the difference that this makes is noticeable.

About the Author:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you think that these are the best solutions for your problem?